Welcome to our Media Room. Here, you’ll find media releases, background information, key messaging and recent news about The Great Trail of Canada. Need more information? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Great Trail of Canada and Trans Canada Trail
Touching every province and territory, stretching for more than 27,000 kilometres and profiling Canada’s diverse landscapes and cultures, The Great Trail of Canada is the world’s longest network of recreational trails. Supported by donations to Trans Canada Trail, The Great Trail links over 15,000 rural, urban and Indigenous communities from coast to coast to coast. It is a connector of people and communities, a national unity endeavour that brings together Canadians from all walks of life, enhancing their quality of life, and the communities where they live, work and play.
You can find a variety of rights-free photos via this Google Photos link.
View the latest media releases to learn about events, new partnerships, campaigns and other news.
- 24-Apr-2021: Trans Canada Trail (TCT) Salutes Manitoba Government for Continued Investments in Trail
- 23-Feb-2021: New national partnership focuses on improving accessibility on the Trail – Canadian Paralympians and Para athletes join AccessNow and Trans Canada Trail to provide valuable accessibility feedback on trails across Canada
- 01-Feb-2021: Trans Canada Trail Launches Blahs to Ahhhs Campaign in Support of Mental and Physical Health
- 26-Nov-2020: Canadians’ Trail Use up Significantly During COVID-19: National Survey Finds Physical & Mental Health Benefits, Access to Nature Behind Surge in Popularity
- 16-Nov-2020: Over 10,000 Participants hike 108,000 km in the Great Canadian Hike
- 02-Oct-2020: The Great Canadian Hike begins across Canada
- 21-Sep-2020: Conference Board of Canada: New report outlines economic, health, conservation benefits of trails
- 29-Jun-2020: Trail use an integral part of Canadian life, survey finds
- 29-May-2020: COVID-19: Trans Canada Trail issues national guidelines for responsible trail operations
- 22-Apr-2020: Trans Canada Trail awards $3.1 million in grants to fund Trail infrastructure across Canada
- 18-Dec-2019: Trans Canada Trail appoints Eleanor McMahon President & CEO effective March 1
- 18-Sep-2019: Canadians from coast to coast to coast join national sketch workshops
In the news
Talk to The Great Trail of Canada experts for your next story! Fill in the form below and our Communications Advisor will respond promptly.