- This winter festival takes place along the Rideau Canal, which is just a five-minute walk from the Capital Pathway — part of The Great Trail — a 25-kilometre walking and cycling trail that stretches from the Mackenzie Bridge to Robertson Road
- Over half a million people attend Winterlude every year
- Most Winterlude activities are FREE of charge
- Jacques Cartier Park in Gatineau is turned into the world’s biggest snow playground – called the Snowflake Kingdom – for kids of all ages to enjoy
- Winterlude has been celebrated in Ottawa and Gatineau for over 30 years
- The Rideau Canal Skateway is the world’s longest skating rink! It stretches 7.8 kilometres (4.8 mi) and has the equivalent surface area of 90 Olympic ice hockey rinks. Wow!
When you need a break from the cold, stop in and see your friends from The Great Trail at Maison Charron, Jacques-Cartier Park on Friday, February 3, and Saturdays and Sundays, February 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19 from 10 am to 5 pm; and on Monday, February 20, from 10 am to 4 pm.