What is the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)?
The CIP includes the identification and prioritization of selected projects, the justification for their selection, a proposed budget, estimated completion dates and related funding linked to each project. See a quick overview of our priorities and project type examples below, but please consult the full CIP guidelines, as well as the signage guidelines before applying.
- Increase and improve the quality of The Great Trail: built to standards
- Improve safety and comfort of users
- The Great Trail: being inclusive
- Provide signage and wayfinding
Project types examples
- Construction of new Trail sections and addition of infrastructure
- Added viewpoints or points of interest
- Construction of a uniform trail surface to make Trail usage consistent
- Indigenous-led projects, project partnerships and consultations with Indigenous communities
- Installation of washrooms and other amenities that follow accessibility standards
- Trailhead design and installation
- New educational interpretive panels