Trans Canada Trail follows the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mission and, therefore, protecting your privacy is very important to us. We value the trust of those we deal with and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that is shared with us.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, Application, services, features and content, to administer your use of the Site and Application (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Application.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- In the course of using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with, or grant us access to, or permission to obtain, certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, your email address and your postal address.
- We also collect (“Non-Identifying Information”). For users of the Application, the type of Non-Identifying Information we collect also includes, but is not limited to: (i) mobile device type, device identification code and device properties; (ii) geographical data, including, but not limited to, your country of residence.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information may be used to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site, Application are used.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with thegreattrail newsletters or marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys or contests (collectively, “Promotions”) through the Site and Application. If you decide to participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these Promotions is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to administer your participation in each Promotion.
- Log Data.When you visit the Site and Application, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Application, pages of our Site and Application that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Application, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site, Application and Service and for the Site and Application’s technical administration, to increase our Site and Application’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site and Application to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site and Application again, the Site and Application will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site and Application meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Cookies & Other Technologies
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processing, web analytics and improvement of the Site and Application’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site, Application and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Trans Canada Trail is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites or Applications
Our Site and Application may contain links to other websites or applications, e.g.: There may be advertisements served to you within the Site and Application.
If you click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or application. The fact that we link to a website or application is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites or applications. These other websites or applications may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
We welcome your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please send any questions or comments via email to email@example.com